A way to shorten game time?

MrPengi

New Spleefer
Mar 16, 2018
After reading alot discord and listening to people complaints it seems like the spleef community is looking for a way to shorten the games.
In my opinion you should not have to put away a whole friday night just to play one spleef match, and i think most people agree with me on that. The problem is that it is hard to find a way that would not alter the gamemode to much but still make a difference.
I was playing powerspleef earlier this morning and got an idea that i think would work pretty well. I used the speedboost as power and it really was fun to play with speed. So i thought that after let´s say 25 min both players would get speed one. This would make the game faster which then shortens the game due to players being able to attack in different ways than before and it makes it harder to defend because there are more blocks to break for the player not being able to rush .

This is just an idea but it would be fun to try it. Let me know your thoughts.

MrPengi

Carpy_

Jul 14, 2015
The Pride Lands
If you want a game to be quicker, I'd suggest an idea that I believe @Jecth had earlier. Basically the arena would slowly shrink after a certain amount of time. Say the outer edge is removed 2 minutes into the game, and then the next outer edge until you're both on 2 blocks. It's a good concept and I feel like it could be very beneficial for those that want to finish a game early.

OP
OP
MrPengi

MrPengi

New Spleefer
Mar 16, 2018
If you want a game to be quicker, I'd suggest an idea that I believe @Jecth had earlier. Basically the arena would slowly shrink after a certain amount of time. Say the outer edge is removed 2 minutes into the game, and then the next outer edge until you're both on 2 blocks. It's a good concept and I feel like it could be very beneficial for those that want to finish a game early.
True but that could be taken advantage of and i take myself as an example here cuz ive got good reach so i can just wait my opponent out til i can outreach him.

Carpy_

Jul 14, 2015
The Pride Lands
True but that could be taken advantage of and i take myself as an example here cuz ive got good reach so i can just wait my opponent out til i can outreach him.
I mean, theres nothing we can really do about changing the game/shortening it that won't not create advantages for others. Any change into the game is going to pose advantages and disadvantages for many people. Some people have reach, some people have better connections. Some people like to run around and be a pain in the ass ¯\_(ツ)_/¯