AMA - Azzy/Azur0n/shiny

Azzy

New Spleefer
Feb 16, 2016
New York
It’s been a long while since I’ve quit playing Minecraft, but this server popped up in my mind while reminiscing. Not sure if this is even the right place to do AMAs or if people that would remember me are even around still, but I guess I’ll give it a shot.

If you’re newer here, as the title says I’m Azzy, but I previously went by Azur0n and shiny. I started playing back in 2012 and stuck around until 2014 or 2015. I got 3rd in SWC ‘13; that’s kinda cool I guess.

If you’re an old face say hi and ask a question if you have any. If you’re newer you’re still welcome to ask anything as long as it’s not about the game currently!

Jul 18, 2015
Hi.

I'm also offline most of the time but nice to see that you're not dead. Kinda strange how I opened the forums after months and saw this post.

Aug 15, 2019
Hey,

It’s been well over a week since this was posted so I’m not sure if you’ll read this or get round to replying but I’ll give it a shot anyway.

I played on the old SL back in 2012 and on Multicube — mainly in 2013 and early 2014, before slowly losing interest and moving onto
other things. I seem to remember you as one of (if not the?) best spleefers of the time and someone with a distinct and aggressive style of play. I just came to check this forum today to see how the server was doing and was amazed to see you posting here after all these years. I guess my question would be, what’s your story? How did you discover spleefleague? How did you learn to play, develop your style and become one of the greats? What do you remember as some of your favourite moments? What led you to quit? I know this is very broad for an AMA but no one else is asking anything so I may as well.

OP
OP
Azzy

Azzy

New Spleefer
Feb 16, 2016
New York
@Azzy might get more responses if you ask the discord, forums kinda died
I figured pretty much no one comes around here these days, but I still check in just in case. I still have a fairly lengthy response to Yastfield awaiting moderator approval so I’m considering just posting a picture of it and deleting the original just so it’s out there.

As for Discord, I just don’t think it’s proper for an AMA, even if it does result in more responses. Thanks for the suggestion anyway though.