Automatic Monthly Sign-Ups

Carpy_

Jul 14, 2015
The Pride Lands
Hello, so I haven't really talked on here lately but I came across an idea that could be more efficient for many players and make organizing tournaments just a tad bit quicker.

What came across my mind when looking at all the tournament signs ups are the consistency of some players and the fact that they have joined almost every monthly tournament. I feel like instead of them having to constantly sign up that they can rather be put onto a "notable" kind of list where they can be placed into next weeks tournament and so on without the struggle or fear of "missing" a tournament due to not looking at the forums recently. These players of course would be those that have participated in many tournaments in the past and have been granted the opportunity in having the "first come, first serve" for monthly tournaments.

While this in no way doesn't promote player retention or gain any "praise" for players. I think it would make organizing tournaments for people like @Siegessch or any future tournament players to know that these are the players that will 100% play in your tournament. Like I mentioned earlier, random players can't be on this list unless they have expressed themselves and dedicated their time to the server for the past few months. If any player on the list hasn't shown any activity, its as simple as removing them from the list and starting back at square one. If a player wishes to be removed from the list, that is even easier with the chance of being added right away if they do ever join back on the server.

If you have ideas to run off of this or any thoughts and comments, fire away. I think of random stuff at night and hopefully what I typed makes sense and looks interesting.

Siegessch

Tournament Organizer
Jul 15, 2015
COUNTRY OF SCHNITZEL
I mean I usually also post something on discord as well when I start a new tournament, so one would not necessarily miss a tournament if they don't check the forums. But other than that I like the idea, certainly makes things handier. I'll have a look at the last 3-4 monthlies and see how many people actually signed up for all of them

edit: I just looked through all the sign up lists and 22 people signed up for almost every monthly in the last 4 months (Jasco, Migga, sheriffCy, Morgan_Ladimore, EatMarkers, Jakubusso, Sanne_Chan, ShadowFlames, Siegessch, Preloa, NexByte, Tucoz, ExodePengragon, ItsGili, Neji, Neil_, Max9874, Shaxd, Hatterrr, Jecth, josher17, Pengi)

Last edited:

MrPengi

New Spleefer
Mar 16, 2018
I mean I usually also post something on discord as well when I start a new tournament, so one would not necessarily miss a tournament if they don't check the forums. But other than that I like the idea, certainly makes things handier. I'll have a look at the last 3-4 monthlies and see how many people actually signed up for all of them

edit: I just looked through all the sign up lists and 21 people signed up for almost every monthly in the last 4 months (Jasco, Migga, sheriffCy, Morgan_Ladimore, EatMarkers, Jakubusso, Sanne_Chan, ShadowFlames, Siegessch, Preloa, NexByte, Tucoz, ExodePengragon, ItsGili, Neji, Neil_, Max9874, Shaxd, Hatterrr, Jecth, josher17)
not on the list #feelsbadman